PL 7: Tackling online harms – A regulation minefield? Present and future
¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Cedric Amon
- ¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 0
- Identifying the scope of online harms, as well as having a clear understanding of the terminology, are crucial in order to choose the right response. These include regulatory measures (e.g. legal frameworks based on self-/co-regulation) and the fostering of digital literacy.
- ¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 0
- It is important not only to look at how to develop new laws, but rather, to consider existing regulations and human rights frameworks through which content and online harms can be evaluated and enforced.
- ¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 0
- We must not overlook the less visible and more difficult-to-identify issues such as cyberbullying or the outsourcing of content filtering conducted by humans.