Skip to Content
Skip to Table of Contents
- Norms need to be thought of and implemented in an interdisciplinary way. The engagement between disciplines should be brought into the discussion on norms on a meta level.
- Current norms have not been effective; more norms on state behaviour in cyberspace may be needed. Norms should not only remain voluntary, but also, non-binding.
- There is a need for more regulation on corporate behaviour.
- All stakeholders, the tech community in particular, should be involved in both the drafting and implementation of norms, though on different levels. The tech community should be brought to the table and be involved in the debate on norm building from the ground-up.
- Multistakeholder and multilateral mechanisms should not be put into an ideological contrast, but should be brought together.