PL 1: 5G – The opportunities and obstacles
¶ 1 Leave a comment on paragraph 1 0 Rapporteur: Cedric Amon, Geneva Internet Platform
- ¶ 2 Leave a comment on paragraph 2 1
- 5G is a big part of the digital transformation since it offers new ways to innovate and create new business models due to the real time availability of data.
- ¶ 3 Leave a comment on paragraph 3 1
- 5G will increase sustainability, especially in smart cities, by allowing them to reduce energy consumption and by enabling urban data platforms.
- ¶ 4 Leave a comment on paragraph 4 1
- Despite security concerns surrounding the technology, collaborating on the elaboration of new 5G standards is key to the network’s success.
- ¶ 5 Leave a comment on paragraph 5 1
- The GDPR is protecting data to varying degrees depending on the area of application. There is a need for additional safeguards for medical data.
I would propose the following wording:
5G reinforces the foundation for the digital transformation by offering new ways to innovate and create new business models based on real time availability of data.